Old November 19th 18, 10:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Mudguards for a gravel bike

On Monday, November 19, 2018 at 5:13:09 PM UTC-5, jbeattie wrote:
Snipped
Everybody uses fenders around here in the fall/winter/spring. Even gravel riding. http://www.leaveitontheroad.com/blog...de-portland-or

-- Jay Beattie.

Fenders on gravel bicycles can be a real blessing to anyone riding behind you or yourself as it greatly reduces the amount of gravel that might chip the paint on your bike.

The only time I really had a problem with fenders on any of my MTBs was the time I took a short cut through an area that had clay soil and it was really wet. that clay stuck to the tires like cement. Even then it would not have been so bad except that in a couple of places I had to stop and boy getting started again was a real chore. I had to clean the clay deposits out from between the fenders and the tires in order to get going again. Then again that terrain would most likely have stopped the bike eve without the bike having fenders on it.

Cheers