Old July 22nd 14, 11:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Blackblade[_2_]

Default The Joys & Pleasures of Cycling on Trails

Well, I am trying to tell you what superior persons do think but
you, erroneously believing yourself to belong to that class, aren't
listening.

It is immaterial whether or not I am a superior person. The
point is that I know a superior class of people when I see it - and you don't.
All you know is what the masses want (democratic rubbish), but the masses are
never superior to anything except in their sheer numbers. They are easily the
lowest common denominator qualitatively and are never to be catered to.
Elementary my dear Watson!

What an unpleasant person you're showing yourself to be Ed. Is that really your aim. So, now, what you're saying is because you regard yourself as above everyone else you should get what you want at everyone else's expense.

Superior people, whilst they may not be of the people, are definitely for the good of the people. You're aligning yourself with tyrants and dictators who care nothing for others ... or, to put it another way, you're not even of the common herd as you so perjoratively put it, you're an inferior; morally and intellectually.

You aren't great, you aren't particularly smart and you exhibit

mildly sociopathic qualities.

I am Great ...and I am Smart ... and I am severely sociopathic
when it comes to scoundrels like you!

You sound like a small child having a tantrum. You're neither great nor smart and you prove it with pretty much every post.

Unlike the honorable and civilized Mr. Vandeman, I am an
expert at ad hominem attacks. You have now entered MY territory!

A perfect example of your inferiority ... superior people don't need profanity and ad hominem to win arguments. Perhaps that's why you keep losing .... you simply don't have the right skills.

Mountain bikers as a class of people are the scum of the
earth, and that is what you are too.

There is no class of mountain bikers ... mountain bikers come from all walks and classes ... it's a wonderfully egalitarian activity.

You encourage biking on trails
designed and meant for hikers, thereby causing many injuries and deaths.

Deaths from inactivity far outweigh the tiny numbers suffering death from mountainbiking accicents. 0.00123 per million miles travelled. If everyone rode a mountainbike then, yes, more would die from it but there would be a massively greater number who would not die prematurely from coronary diseases.

You are
so far beneath contempt that it is infra dignitatem for me to even be
acknowledging a scoundrel like you., I regard you as little better than a
criminal.

So, we're equal. I feel exactly the same way about you ... I just don't usually bother to mention it because I prefer to point out the massive flaws in your arguments rather than resort to ad hominem.

As for knowing anything about what is superior, surely you jest!
Anyone who rides his bike on hiking trails is inferior sui generis. You are
indeed fortunate to have someone here like me who knows how to kick your dumb
ass!

So, you consider yourself superior to an ex US President ? As for kicking ass, all you're doing is writing rubbish ... and the world rolls along ignoring you.

Violence must be met with violence, at least in the moment,

since there are unlikely to be any cops on the trails policing things.

Your days

of doing what you want with your bike on trails are clearly numbered.

A few

murders here and there will cause everyone to rethink what trails are

for and

who they are for.

There is no violence Ed ... other than what you're

proposing. You are promoting violence because you don't like someone
else doing something ... not because they are threatening you. As such,
your position is now entirely clear; you're the thug.

There is violence whenever a biker is seen or heard on a
trail. It is mainly just mental for now

Ah, good, so you finally admit that it is only in your fevered mind.

, but it is going to turn physical sooner
or later.

Only if there are a bunch of sociopaths like you around ... which is unlikely.

"Means and purpose determine everything. It is what trails are all

about."

- Ed Dolan

Guess what Ed, a flawed aphorism from you is not a clinching

argument. Your means and purpose are immaterial ... they're not
mine. You are physically capable of using the trail, what goes on in your
febrile mind is none of my concern.

"You obviously do not know much about the
nature of conflict." - Ed Dolan

You might be surprised ...