Old July 29th 14, 10:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Blackblade[_2_]

Default The Joys & Pleasures of Cycling on Trails

What an unpleasant person you're showing yourself to be Ed.
Is that really your aim. So, now, what you're saying is because you regard
yourself as above everyone else you should get what you want at everyone else's
expense.

I have already told you twice now that I know a superior class
of people when I see it. You don't. That is why you can associate yourself with
thuggish mountain bikers.

Ah, ducking the key point again I see. You DO think that your wishes trump those of others as you are 'superior'.

I certainly know to whom I would ascribe the moniker 'superior' and it assuredly wouldn't be you who, despite your poor understanding of physics, statistics and logic, consider yourself a cut above others.

Superior people, whilst they may not be of the people, are

definitely for the good of the people. You're aligning yourself with
tyrants and dictators who care nothing for others ... or, to put it another way,
you're not even of the common herd as you so perjoratively put it, you're an
inferior; morally and intellectually.

Superior types, like Mr. Vandeman and Myself, know what trails
are good for - and you don't. You are indeed of the masses - inferior, immoral
and stupid.

No, Ed, you know very little because you are completely closed to any external input, erroneously believing that what you think is somehow, axiomatically, true.

Vandeman is quite simply scum; a convicted criminal and sociopath who should have been locked up for longer.

You aren't great, you aren't particularly smart and you

exhibit

mildly sociopathic qualities.

I am Great ...and I am Smart ... and I am severely sociopathic

when it comes to scoundrels like you!

You sound like a small child having a tantrum. You're

neither great nor smart and you prove it with pretty much every post.

You prove with your every post that you are unable to carry
the conversation forward. All you do is cover old ground. That is because you
are stuck in your ways and unable to appreciate an opposite point of
view.

Ed, I understand your position but, since you cannot, despite multiple requests to do so, back it up objectively or logically it's hard to make progress and I am reduced to simply pointing out the flaws in your logic or data. We might move forward if we could agree that 0.00123 fatalities per million miles travelled and 1.54 injuries per 1,000 exposures make mountainbiking, when compared with other activities, relatively safe. But, since you don't want to rely on facts and instead prefer anecdote and prejudice I am just going to keep metaphorically kicking you into touch.

Unlike the honorable and civilized Mr. Vandeman, I am an

expert at ad hominem attacks. You have now entered MY territory!

A perfect example of your inferiority ... superior people don't

need profanity and ad hominem to win arguments. Perhaps that's why you
keep losing ... you simply don't have the right skills.

You can call names and I will figure out how to call even
better (worse) names. You can't win because I have decades of bile stored up to
use on the likes of you.

No, Ed, you can't win because your facts and logic are incorrect. You can call me what you like, water off a duck's back, but it won't change that so you will still lose.

Mountain bikers as a class of people are the scum of the

earth, and that is what you are too.

There is no class of mountain bikers ... mountain bikers come from

all walks and classes ... it's a wonderfully egalitarian activity.

It is a sporting life style that they all have in common. None
of them have a clue what trails are for. As a class, they are all woefully
ignorant, risk takers, and dumb jackasses - just like you.

They may, indeed, have a predisposition towards a sporting lifestyle .. which most would say is a very good thing indeed in this age of sedentary lifestyles resulting in premature death. However, to try and characterise 50 million people as all being alike is clear and obvious prejudice and stupidity.

You encourage biking on trails

designed and meant for hikers, thereby causing many injuries and

deaths.

Deaths from inactivity far outweigh the tiny numbers suffering

death from mountainbiking accicents. 0.00123 per million miles
travelled. If everyone rode a mountainbike then, yes, more would die from
it but there would be a massively greater number who would not die prematurely
from coronary diseases.

Reports from the field in the media say otherwise. Biking on
trails is dangerous.

No, Ed, they don't. If you don't believe my figures then come up with data and logic to produce your own figure and we can discuss it. Simply reposting media reports of occasional incidents proves absolutely nothing. In fact, the paucity of the reports actually suggests that mountainbiking is quite safe.

It's certainly safer than road cycling ... an activity in which you participate. So, who's the risk taker now ?

You are

so far beneath contempt that it is infra dignitatem for me to even be

acknowledging a scoundrel like you., I regard you as little better

than a

criminal.

So, we're equal. I feel exactly the same way about you ... I

just don't usually bother to mention it because I prefer to point out the
massive flaws in your arguments rather than resort to ad hominem.

A hiker is so far superior to a biker doing trails that there
is nothing to discuss - except the wisdom of the one and the idiocy of the
other.

Your prejudice, illogicality and hubris are such that I think you've shown who are the superior people around this newsgroup and who the barbarians.

As for knowing anything about what is superior, surely you jest!

Anyone who rides his bike on hiking trails is inferior sui generis.

You are

indeed fortunate to have someone here like me who knows how to kick

your dumb

ass!

So, you consider yourself superior to an ex US President ?

As for kicking ass, all you're doing is writing rubbish ... and the world rolls
along ignoring you.

Without getting into politics, I think Bush II just did his
biking on scrubby desert trails, the kind that nobody ever walks. Even so, it
sets a bad example. Bush I is dumb enough to want to jump out of airplanes
(skydive). It must run in the family.

Ah, avoiding the point again. Bush rides a mountainbike ... so you consider yourself superior to him. I suspect that most would not ... what have you done Ed to suggest that your opinions are worth more than others ?