Old March 16th 05, 05:20 AM
Craig Holl

John Everett wrote:
On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 08:12:36 -0500, "Ken Marcet"
wrote:

WOW! Thats a really big trail. I don't know much about the area, but
31
miles is larger than anything I know about down here.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...ck=1&cset=true

Unfortunately the Chicago Tribune site is by subscription only, so I'm
guessing most of us won't get to read the article.1st step taken in
creating 31-mile recreation trail

Published March 15, 2005

DUPAGE COUNTY -- DuPage officials have approved plans for a 31-mile trail
north to south through the center of the county.

Last week the county's Environmental Committee accepted preliminary designs
for the East Branch DuPage River Greenway Trail. The $99,000 study was paid
for through a $74,000 federal grant and $25,000 in county funds.

When completed, the new trail will run from Bloomingdale south to Woodridge
and meet up with four other regional trails. It will connect 18 schools and
universities, including the College of DuPage in Glen Ellyn and Benedictine
University in Lisle, and link to 29 parks, 10 forest preserves and the
Morton Arboretum.

The project will consist of a combination of off-street trails, on-street
bicycle routes and existing bikeways. Construction has been separated into
21 sections that countywide or municipal agencies can build as funding
becomes available.

--
Craig Holl
Mechanical Engineer; New Berlin, WI