Old December 14th 05, 05:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default general question about bicycle specs

wade wrote:

If I decide to get a replacement, I'm wondering what is currently
available and what I should be looking for?

I think the general answer would be: whatever bike makes you happy.
Your greatest concern should be whether *you* can ride *your bike*
comfortably, all day long. Once *you* have found *that bike*, most
parts and accessories can be added or subtracted until *you* feel
you're ready.

I've heard of people who rode many thousands of miles on bikes most of
us wouldn't consider for a ride around the block and were happy. I've
also heard of people who spent thousands on the ultimate bike and then
never rode it because they weren't comfortable. I suspect your bike
will be somewhere between those points.

Jeff