Old March 2nd 12, 07:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Graham Harrison[_3_]

Default Critical Mass can clear a street for emergency vehicles.

"Doug" wrote in message
Here is an excerpt from a car-free network email.

"...In the USA, automobile congestion is a major factor in emergency
response delays, causing additional loss of life. (In contrast there's
no delay when there's a critical mass ride when a fire truck needs to
get through, because bicyclists clear the street almost instantly,
whereas motor vehicle gridlock has no option..."

Of course, the same applies to ambulances.

-- .
Critical Mass London.
http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk
"We aren't blocking traffic, we are traffic".

And Police Cars?