Old March 22nd 04, 06:45 PM
Jon Senior

Default Master Lock mechanism jammed

"Tony Raven" wrote in message
Its not unknown for locks to have superglue squirted in them. Owner can't
unlock it, leaves it while they work out what to do, scally comes back at

quiet time, cuts lock, leaves with bike

Apparently the increasingly powerful cordless tools, allow thieves who
target bikes, to angle grind through the lock. I know from experience (no...
I didn't steal the bike!) that it only takes about 15secs to cut clean
through a (admittedly cheap) D-lock. I would hope that the modern ones are
tougher, but it does put a good case for cable and chains as these are
harder to get a purchase on*.

Jon

*This is an opinion and should not be taken as suggestion. I am not
responsible if your bike gets nicked!