Old January 22nd 06, 04:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Seen on today's ride

Brian G wrote:
There are downsides to cycling in January, but the general lack of
foliage and vegetation in the countryside makes the wildlife much easier
to spot. Seen on today's 20 or so miler: Buzzard, heron, kestrel, mute
swans, roe deer, stoat ...

I didn't see any wildlife of note on yesterday's 100km, which is just
as well as I did see about 50 shotgun wielding strategically placed
around a field, and a few with flags. It's always in the same part of
the ride every year. They call it sport. But what do I know, I'm from a
town.