Old July 28th 09, 03:59 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.tech
ComandanteBanana

Default he fired a handgun at a bicyclist

On Jul 28, 8:53*am, N8N wrote:
On Jul 27, 7:17*pm, Still Just Me *-

wrote:
On Mon, 27 Jul 2009 16:31:18 -0400, Nate Nagel
wrote:

When there is an accident involving a cyclist it's
usually almost always the cyclist fault. If my department ever gets
funding for overtime cyclist enforcement, I'm signing up and writing
my 2 citation books worth.'

Typical cop attitude toward cyclists, IMHE.

I'm a *cyclist* and that's my attitude.

*most* cyclists (not pointing fingers at anyone here, mind you) are more
reckless, careless, and just plain scofflaws than any other road users,
and that's saying a lot, as **** poor as the average driver is.

I'm guessing the drivers are much better where you are than where I
am. Here it's open season on cyclists.

But, more to the point, cops are supposed to be unbiased observers
enforcing the laws without prejudice, not haters with a mission to
harass and abuse.

Well... IME *some* traffic cops are decent people and *some* are just
out to write violations. *It's never safe to assume that you have a
non-adversarial relationship with a traffic cop. *Hopefully that's
just my area, but I doubt it. *But that's also a rant more appropriate
for a different newsgroup.

nate- Hide quoted text -

Yeah, some are decent, but somehow they are put out there to make
quick money, and the way to do it is get together a bunch of them with
speed guns and write speeding tickets galore.