Old January 9th 13, 02:15 PM posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.oprah,alt.tv.oprah-winfrey,rec.bicycles.misc
Ubiquitous

Default THE INTERVIEW: Lance Armstrong Will Ask Oprah for Absolution, Forgiveness...

Lance Armstrong has decided to come clean, so to speak. Since the big
dope’s life is essentially ruined, he’s apparently going to admit it all
and ask for forgiveness. And who better to give it to him that Oprah?
She’s got him on January 17 from 9 to 10:30pm on the hard to find OWN
channel. Good for her. It used to be that celebrities went to Larry King
or Barbara Walters when they needed to eat crow publicly and return to
the world.

But for this generation it’s Oprah. Lance will cry, his eyes will well
up when he talks about his kids, he’ll show Oprah his scars from various
surgeries, and recommend a healing expert in Nepal which she’ll put on
her next Best Things list.

Will she grant him absolution? I hope not. But Armstrong has nothing to
lose–he’s lost everything. He deceived the world for years, and kept
lying about it. He had plenty of chances to explain himself. I don’t care
if he came from a broken home, was beaten with a bat, or made to wash the
dishes. Maybe this will be the last time we’ll have to hear from him.

We will wait for the usual clips, leaks, and advance bites.

PS Apparently the Showtime show, “60 Minutes Sports” is also headlining a
tremendous piece by Scott Pelley. Check it out at CBSNews.com