Old July 28th 17, 02:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

Default Singapore Bikes

On Thu, 27 Jul 2017 10:00:21 -0700, sms
wrote:

On 6/14/2011 5:28 PM, Tēm ShermĒn °_° wrote:
On 6/14/2011 7:05 PM, john B. wrote:
[...]
The above is the norm during the week but on the weekend the
recreational riders appear, booted and spurred, they are very
noticeable on the more open highways and in certain areas of the
island where there are specified MTB tracks. The idea of "ride
anywhere" mountain bikes is abhorrent to the Singapore government and
there are serious fines imposed for riding in unspecified areas.

Better just a fine than being attacked by a handsaw wielding wacko nut.

Whatever happened to the guy who attacked mountain bikers with a saw?

He was tried twice as the cyclists couldn't get their stories (or
maybe their lies) straight and was (I think) convicted with some very
minor penalty.

He is still posting on the net as I occasionally read a reference to
his posts.
--
Cheers,

John B.