Old January 4th 21, 06:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

Default Unintended consequences

On Monday, January 4, 2021 at 10:13:56 AM UTC-8, Andre Jute wrote:
On Monday, January 4, 2021 at 2:00:19 PM UTC, AMuzi wrote:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlton...de-in-england/
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

.
I bought a Brooks B.73 on a sale at SJS for fifty quid just to see what it was like. I was tired of hearing Brooks this and Brooks that and nary an independent, rational view. I don't mind spending fifty quid, or a hundred or two or three, to satisfy my curiosity. But once I'd fitted the B.73, and ridden it far enough t form an opinion, well, hey, all I can says is that if you want my Brooks B.73 leather saddle, you will have to prise it from my cold dead buttocks.

Andre Jute
I have bets out on how ;many of the RBT scum, even with forewarning, will be unable to resist the temptation of smarts remarks.

I have a carbon saddle with very light padding and carbon rails. It weighs 120 grans, I have ridden this on metric centuries several times and without getting sores. Even though I've lost most of my concern for weight, the weight of a Brooks is more than I'm willing to give up.