Old June 26th 03, 10:21 AM
Dave Stocker

Default URT sucks?

"P e t e F a g e r l i n" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

|*It appears to be a big leaf spring. When you sit on it, you add a
|considerable preload and thus it is not very active.

Uh, again, you're just digging yourself deeper and deeper.

When you stand, you
|are unloading that preload. It looks clever. Has anyone here ever

ridden
|one? Nevertheless, IMHO, it is inappropriate to label this thing URT.

LOL.

Educate yourself:

My finite element analysis is a bit rusty and I do not know the relative
elastic properties of the stays that run from the head tube to the rear hub
(what would they be called on this bike?), the chainstays and the "seat
tube", but I still think this is a reasonable approximation unless I am
missing some secret ingredient.

So if I am wrong in my assumptions about how this thing works, then I ask
you: How does it work?

-Dave