Old March 10th 11, 04:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

Default What Motorist Advocacy Does For Cycling

On Mar 9, 8:40*pm, Dan O wrote:

I have pretty much no problem sharing the road. *What I have a problem
with is motorist hostility.

What is one of the most fundamental tenets of driving a car on the
road. *Keep it between the lines, right?

Sharing the lane to pass a bicyclist in the same lane - no matter how
wide it is - presents drivers more of a stressful conundrum to drivers
than simply keeping it between the lines.

So it's your duty to reduce stress for the poor motorists? Give me a
break! They've got enough privileges. And if the lane is wide enough
for their travel lane plus a bike lane, the least competent of them
would be able to fit their car next to you, stripe or no stripe.

Apparently, you're much more willing to be rude to people here on the
internet than on the road. On a bike, you turn into a shrinking
flower who prefers to stay in his ghetto to maintain bowing, scraping
deference.

To quote you, Dan: "No offense," but grow some balls.

- Frank Krygowski