Old March 19th 19, 09:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JC[_2_]

Default Something I've been wondering about.

On Tuesday, March 19, 2019 at 4:48:11 PM UTC-4, James wrote:
On 20/3/19 1:16 am, wrote:

I believe John is focused on the efficiency of the chain drive system
alone, not the biomechanical efficiency of the person plus the chain.

He was, and I explained why it was irrelvant - biomechanical efficiency.

3. Make matters worse by introducing a spring tension system. Now in
addition to the bio mechanical inefficiencies, you're adding the
ability of the chain drive to take up slack in the system, which
allows _you_ to pedal even more inefficiently.

Here's a graphic representation:

https://hanswinter.wordpress.com/200...your-spinscan/

I think that, and the rest of your post is complete ********.

Anything to add? Any mechanical or bio mechanical counterpoints you wish to address? I think we'd all be interested in reading what exactly it is you disagree with, and why.