Old June 26th 20, 09:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Your gearing is obsolete

On Friday, June 26, 2020 at 11:11:55 AM UTC-5, Frank Krygowski wrote:

I imagine wind can be a factor too, especially if you live in an area
where it's always there. I remember my first trip to the American Great
Plains as a young man. My friend and I couldn't light a campfire because
of the winds blasting out of the south. We later asked someone how often
it was that windy and they said "Always."

Fortunately, when we passed through there on our coast-to-coast ride, we
were headed north at that point.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Midwest. Summer, winds from West and South 90% of the time. Winter, winds from the West and North 90% of the time.