Old November 1st 04, 07:07 AM
Peter Keller

Default Helmet Complience

On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 17:13:19 +1100, ritcho wrote:

suzyj Wrote:
ritcho wrote:

I think you're getting there P, a helmet troll combined with a
jab that is based on nationalistic lines. Keep throwing that
line in the water, though I know a much better spot...
rec.bicycles.misc (!)

He's got a good point though. I was in the Netherlands a couple of
weeks ago, and helmets there are totally nonexistant. A couple of
people that I was working with, upon hearing that I was a bike nut,
asked about helmets in Aust.

It's interesting to see that there's an almost perfect inverse
relationship between the number of cyclists in a country and the rate
of helmet use.

Regards,

Suzy (who resents helmet laws, as she sees them as another symptom of a
community that wants to marginalise cyclists)

Welcome back Suzy, was Netherlands a holiday?

Anyway,
Good point or not, he had three goes at kicking off an (anti-)helmet
war and no goes at all at answering the OP's question. Perhaps I could
have put a smiley there?

Ritch

I protest!
I was trying to kick off an anticompulsion war! Not an antihelmet war!

Peter

--
If you are careful enough in life, nothing bad -- or
good -- will ever happen to you.