Old November 3rd 19, 07:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Will e-bikes expand cycling?

On Sunday, 3 November 2019 13:00:48 UTC-5, sms wrote:
On 11/3/2019 6:20 AM, jbeattie wrote:

snip

eBiking expands eBiking which resembles cycling but isn't. For many, it's just a way of beating traffic -- and all you have to do is move your legs around, simulate cylcing, and you can go 25-30mph in a bike lane -- up hill. Half the eBikes I see around here are basically eMotorcycles and should be in traffic and not in bike lanes.

True. They are taking advantage of the bicycle infrastructure to avoid
congestion. But as long as they aren't going 25MPH on an MUP, I think
that it's okay.

The problem is that many of them, at least here, are doing a very high rate of speed on MUPs; or even on sidewalks as I've seen a few do..

Cheers