Old November 14th 19, 01:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
pH

Default Will e-bikes expand cycling?

On Saturday, November 2, 2019 at 4:37:44 PM UTC-7, pH wrote:
snip

When I rode to Trader Joes today I saw only 1 assist bike, a mid drive. Lots of "normal" bikes today. I'll try to keep a count of what I see over a week and report later.

pH

Okay, I've been looking since this post. I've only seen 17 motor assists since I said I would keep track and it was 50:50 hub drives vs. mid drives....the *last* one, number 17 was a mid-drive (bosch-pod type thing).

So, I'm wrong (I had previously asserted that the ratio was 10:1 mid drive to hubs here in the Santa Cruz area). Oh well.

I actually saw two of the ba-fang mid drives "in the wild". Was not able to talk to the riders to get wattage and ride impressions in either case.

So that's the scoop around Santa Cruz.

pH