Old July 26th 20, 10:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Global Cycling News

On 7/26/2020 3:59 PM, Radey Shouman wrote:
AMuzi writes:

On 7/26/2020 11:33 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 7/26/2020 12:07 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 7/26/2020 10:43 AM, wrote:
This appears to be the sort of entertainment for the
likes of Franky-boy and SMS.

While I was watching it they were talking about the US
having a great deal of trouble facing up to our racist past.

Can you just imagine that? The country with probably the
longest history of slavery making comments like that?
Those that they didn't sell into slavery or enslave in
foreign countries, they shipped of to Australian to die.
They supported the South African regime until the English
people wouldn't have it any longer. And this bunch of
uneducated pedal pushers make comments about other
countries.

No country has the 'longest history of slavery' given
universal prehistory possibly including Denisovans and
Neandertals. Sheesh. You also ignore the many current
examples which are not diminishing at all.

Agreed. I get very tired of the myth that American colonists
invented slavery, or that only blacks were slaves and only
whites were masters.

In fact, I'm starting to object to the word "white" as a
racial descriptor.

I'm not white! I'm sort of tan, dammit, and that makes ME a
"person of color tan!" "White" is offensive!!

AP style handbook now calls for the word 'black' to always be
capitalized but never 'white'. This crap not only never ends but it
seems that some lives are considered less meaningful than others:

https://nypost.com/2020/07/25/black-...-in-milwaukee/

Milwaukee police don't see any particular urgency to this case.

Joe Biden explained that one for us: he ain't black.

Oh well then, doesn't 'matter'. Carry on.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/