Old July 30th 20, 02:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default OT: Tommy's diverted again Cassette change?

On Wednesday, July 29, 2020 at 5:02:59 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Wednesday, July 29, 2020 at 4:21:10 PM UTC-7, news18 wrote:
On Wed, 29 Jul 2020 07:16:59 -0700, cyclintom wrote:

On Tuesday, July 28, 2020 at 4:35:47 PM UTC-7, news18 wrote:
On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 07:23:55 -0700, cyclintom wrote:

Contrary to you who never learn. I'm trying to imagine the young
people seeing their tuition flying out the window after discovering
that you're their teacher.

Is this from the boy who only achieved an attendance certificate from
his high school?

I have a degree in Navigation from the San Francisco Maritime Academy -

Yes, but is it good for? what did you actually study? I only ask as for
such an august institution, it doesn't seem to be on the internet.

what do you have?

Have you already forgotten my previous reply on this matter?

To tell you the truth I didn't even know I had it
until I ran across the papers here.

You don't remember doing a course of study that lead to the awarding of a
degree?

And at the last high school reunion
I discovered that since I joined the Air Force in the last quarter I was
a graduate after all.

Sigh! Congratulations.

And I accomplished more without a degree in Electronics than most people
with Master's Degrees.

Again - what have you ever done? You seem rather reticent to tell us
anything

I ride and maintain my own and the family's bicycles. Does anything else
matter here?

but volunteer that you live off of your investments. But since
you say nothing about the condition of the market it sounds to me as if,
if you do have investments it is someone of your relatives with brains
had to make an annuity in your name so that you didn't blow it all in
one month. I cannot see any intelligent being seeing you as anything
more than a brainless twit.

Well, 'the market' is just one of my areas of investment and this isn't a
market discussion newsgroup.

It was plenty good to be the navigator racing sailboats up and down the coast. I love the pure idiocy you demonstrate as some punk little kid that thinks if it ain't on the web it ain't real. I guess you have a very difficult time thinking. It must be all of that living off of your investments. https://www.csum.edu/

I would think that if you got a degree from a California State University, you would remember it. I certainly remember getting my degrees. With that said, I was rummaging through my desk drawer the other day and found an LLM from Harvard Law. I forgot all about that -- and a PhD from MIT. Crap, I have like six degrees, and I forgot half of them. And then I saw the TdF trophy and yellow jersey in the closet. Holy cow! I don't even remember winning the Tour.

BTW, I raced on a sail boat up and down the coast, and our navigator was a clown -- but it didn't matter much, because you could generally see the shore, and you just raced around the marks in the Bay. The Farallons were tricky in the fog, but we would smell them and hear the gulls before our navigator figured out we were about to go aground. No lives were lost.

-- Jay Beattie.