Old July 31st 20, 01:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

Default Adjusting brakes

On Thu, 30 Jul 2020 10:22:28 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

On 7/30/2020 10:02 AM, wrote:
On Thursday, July 30, 2020 at 6:53:26 AM UTC-7, Tosspot wrote:

If they need to adjust it, never, ever, take it back.

What you are saying is that you do not know anything about truing a wheel. So your advice is questionable to say the least. Riding a bike, especially those with carbon wheels, beds the spoke nipples, also spoke tension bends the rim differently on a stand than on the road under the jarring of the potholes and bad roads and almost always requires a minor straightening after a hundred miles or so

That's ridiculous.
If we had to ship new wheels back here and then out again
we'd be out of business.

Mr Tosspot had it exactly right that rework means it wasn't
built well to start.

To underwrite Andrew's statement I bent a "good" aluminum rim and in
order to avoid laying up the bike while I located another rim I went
down to my local bike shop and bought a set of the cheapest Shimano
wheels that they had in stock, came home put tires on and started
riding the bike... Now some 4 years later the damned wheels are still
straight and I've never bothered to rebuild the old wheel :-)

Cheers,
John B.