Old August 1st 20, 09:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Hey, Franki-boy Krygowski, where are those seasonal workers fromDonegal you promised to prove?

On Saturday, August 1, 2020 at 8:06:05 AM UTC-7, Andre Jute wrote:
Read the headline, Dingleberry. Frank-boy is claiming seasonal workers from *Donegal*, specifically. I've already put him down for generic handwaving. And here you are, generically handwaving about seasonal Irish workers, who were in the time and place, very unlikely ever to return to Ireland, never mind return annually. How would they have saved the passage on what harvesting paid? You're an idiot non pareil, Peter Howard, aka news18. How would the starving families in the Gap of Dunlop which I was talking about the first time you tried your silly handwaving about seasonal workers have come by the money for passage even to England? Show us "seasonal workers" leaving from *and returning to* Donegal, and we'll take you seriously. Until you can do that, leave economic history to people with brains.

You're a stupid waste of oxygen.

Andre Jute
I wonder what made this kindergarten wannabe debater think he could be a writer.

On Saturday, August 1, 2020 at 4:05:41 AM UTC+1, news18 wrote:
On Fri, 31 Jul 2020 17:19:47 -0700, Andre Jute, waffling from his
delusions, wrote:

On Friday, July 31, 2020 at 9:19:59 PM UTC+1, Jeff Liebermann wrote:

Good luck. If you have problems, just ask one of the seasonal workers
for help. They might not know much about keyboard cleaning, but the
probably know more than the local bicycle blacksmith.

Sadly, in the times Frank & I are talking about, it might have been
quills only.

Poor Franki-boy got misled by that useful idiot (to me, not to
Franki-boy, heh-heh!), news18, known here as the thief Peter Howard, who
in falling over himself to contradict me reported absolutely erroneously
about the peasants I was talking about that they went to England as
seasonal labourers, and I couldn't be bothered to correct the wretched
little man.

" As far back as the 14th century, itinerant Irish migrants were known to
travel throughout England and Scotland in search of employment. This
became more prevalent by the end of the 18th century when groups such as
the “spalpeens” and “tattie howkers”, large travelling gangs of Irish
men, women and children, would help bring in the annual harvest. "

https://theconversation.com/who-pick...nd-veg-before-
migrant-workers-63279

"Irish immigration to Britain - emigration from Ireland to England,
Scotland or Wales - was nothing new even before the mass exodus of the
Famine years (1845-1849). Up to the time of that crisis, Britain had
always been the principal destination of Irish migrants, whether their
movement was temporary eg. for seasonal work, or permanent. "

https://www.irish-genealogy-toolkit....o-Britain.html

Oh dear, so easy to find and much more of it.

See Tommy, living there doesn't give you magical insight into the history
of a location.

Of course, AJ is just really not even seasonal labour as he had to move
from country to country for some reason and still doesn't understand,
that 'Northern Ireland' is a recent British political solution that next
year will 'celebrate' 100 years of existence.

You keep calling him Peter Howard. While I don't remember that person specifically in relation to bicycles I do remember that name leaving a very bad taste or smell.news18 claims to be an Aussie so I can't connect the two.