Old August 2nd 20, 02:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

Default Hey, Franki-boy Krygowski, where are those seasonal workers from Donegal you promised to prove?

On Sat, 1 Aug 2020 22:53:33 -0000 (UTC), news18
wrote:

Err, but can you get HD radio signals to make it worth while. it seems to
me that broadcast audio quality has not improved in decades.

I live in the Santa Cruz mountains of Californai and listen mostly to
classical music in the car. There are 3 classical stations within
range for regular FM broadcasting, and 2 more on HD Radio
sub-channels. Because of the mountains causing reflections and
presenting obstructions, reception is marginal on regular FM, and
dismal on the HD Radio sub-channels. In other words, it's not worth
the effort listening to OTA (over the air) music in my area. I
wouldn't mind streaming Pandora in the car, but I don't want to pay
for the bandwidth, or switch phone vendor to T-Mobile to get free
audio streaming as part of the plan:
https://www.t-mobile.com/support/plans-features/unlimited-music-streaming-with-music-freedom
For now, I have a 128GB flash drive that is crammed full of digitized
music that I plug into my Pixel 1 phone with a USB-OTG cable. While a
bit clumsy, the lack of commercial advertising and talking heads makes
this scheme quite attractive to me.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D