Old August 2nd 20, 08:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default Bigger handlebar bag

On 8/1/2020 4:35 PM, news18 wrote:
On Sat, 01 Aug 2020 13:15:59 -0700, sms wrote:

On 8/1/2020 11:50 AM, sms wrote:

snip

I use it as a handlebar bag. If you don't have a front rack (as I
don't), you may need a support that goes over your stem and handlebars
to prevent the bag from contacting the front tire. I took a 3' length
of 1/4" diameter aluminum round stock, bought at Home Depot
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt...luminum-Round-

Rod-801647/204273994,
and built one, almost identical to this one
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/511721576393416573/. I think that 3/16"
diameter would have been sufficient but Home Depot doesn't sell that
diameter, McMaster does https://www.mcmaster.com/8974K21.

Photo of bag mounted on bicycle and photo of underside support
https://photos.app.goo.gl/CmAgNz65FW7t6L3y7.

The bad news is sadly, even when you make then from spring steel, they'll
sag over time. The good news is that you'll get to improve each one you
create as you bend it up.

Whatever. For less than $5 and less than 5 minutes of work I won't worry
about what happens five years from now.