Old August 2nd 20, 08:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default LBS owner's essay

On 8/1/2020 6:10 PM, jbeattie wrote:

snip

Really, you expect a shop to carry an axle bolt that is rare even on the interweb? I could understand your complaint if they didn't have a standard inner-tube, but I would expect a shop to order some Dodo bird part from the manufacturer or some distributor and not keeping it in stock, waiting for that one guy with a SRAM leisure hub -- who somehow LOST a hub nut -- to come into the shop. Its not like a wear item.

Because it was widely used I would expect a long-time store to have some
in their shop. Andrew's store had them. And to be fair, at least
Off-Ramp had the somewhat compatible Sturmey-Archer nuts that Sheldon
said could be used in a pinch.

But the point I was making is that an LBS can't get upset when you order
stuff online that they have no interest in selling anyway.