Old August 19th 12, 01:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bill

Default taking the lane

On 19/08/2012 13:01, Cassandra wrote:
On Sun, 19 Aug 2012 05:50:31 -0500, nik.morgan wrote:

Yesterday on the dual A30 at 70 mph I encountered a cycle in the centre
lane.

There was no sign of a rider but there were bits of bike shrapnel spread
right across the outer lane.

Don't worry it was only a BSO not a real bike, I did not stop because it
could not have been a real cyclist involved.

In fact nobody was stopping just severe panic braking and lots of swerving
around.

I managed to avoid it , the Smart was narrow enough to go around but the
guy following me was not so lucky, I bet he wished there were some
registration plates on the BSO so that he would be able to trace the owners
and launch a claim for his vehicles damage.

The car it fell off undoubtedly had registration plates.

A classic example of a motorist putting lives in danger.

Lol