Old December 29th 04, 04:27 PM
Bill Sornson

Preston Crawford wrote:
Cross-posting this time, at the behest of others in a previous
thread. I'm not sure which is worse, so please be understanding if
you're in the "never cross-post" camp, as I generally am.

FWIW, IMO posting to multiple /appropriate/ groups isn't really
"cross-posting" -- which, to me, is either adding groups TO an existing
thread, or blathering off-topic crap to a variety of newsgroups. (Think
Mike V@ndem@n and/or P@yP@l sp@ms.) Since you regularly participate in both
groups, that's an additional mitigating factor.

(Just noticed I hit "Reply Group", but only .misc appeared in To: field.
Weird. Will add .tech "manually".)

With that
said, here's the update. Sorry for the length. It's just too good a
story not to tell, considering how helpful this shop has been.

{story snipped}

Hold on to that bike shop like grim death. (And buy 'em a case of beer when
all sorted out.)

We should all be so fortunate!
--
BS (no, really)