Old January 24th 10, 10:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman °_°[_2_]

Default Bike fit for the comfort/utility/trekking/city-sports bike

Jay Beattie wrote:
On Jan 23, 5:01 pm, Tom Sherman °_°
wrote:
Jim A wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:
BIKE FIT FOR NON-RACERS
I really can't be bothered with crouching down to go a bit faster - it's
a pain in the neck, literally.

I find 35° from the horizontal to be a good compromise between comfort
and reduced frontal area.

You're right a shorter top tube would help. I'm not so sure about the
lower bottom bracket, as I don't like to worry too much about striking a
pedal when going round a corner.

The BB 45-cm above the ground is plenty of clearance, since the bike
will lose traction on dry pavement before the pedal could strike.

Yikes, that's a circus bike -- usual BB height is 10-11 inches on a
road bike, and not 17.5. Is this one of those recumbent jokes? You
need a special emoticon when you are doing recumbent jokes. -- Jay
Beattie.

Sometimes I forget that some riders like the "horsey" position.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007