Old January 24th 10, 12:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

Default Bike fit for the comfort/utility/trekking/city-sports bike

Liddell Tommi wrote:
Jim A wrote:
Andre Jute wrote:
BIKE FIT FOR NON-RACERS

I really can't be bothered with crouching down to go a bit faster - it's
a pain in the neck, literally.

I find 35° from the horizontal to be a good compromise between comfort
and reduced frontal area.

You're right a shorter top tube would help. *I'm not so sure about the
lower bottom bracket, as I don't like to worry too much about striking a
pedal when going round a corner.

The BB 45-cm above the ground is plenty of clearance, since the bike
will lose traction on dry pavement before the pedal could strike.

You're in the wrong thread, Liddell Tommi. The thread you want is
"Bikes for Freaks".

In this thread, turn 180 degrees around and look at the smarter
siblings of one of your bikes, the RANS crank forward design.

Andre Jute
Visit Jute on Bicycles at
http://www.audio-talk.co.uk/fiultra/...20CYCLING.html