Old July 28th 17, 01:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default It's not every day...

On 22/07/2017 22:28, wrote:

On Friday, July 21, 2017 at 3:53:05 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 15/07/2017 21:17,
wrote:
On Friday, July 14, 2017 at 8:25:05 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 14/07/2017 18:02,
wrote:

I assume you have evidence that I do not use my own money to buy newspapers when I choose to do so.

How can you possibly have used your own money to buy newspapers when you
haven't bought one for about twenty-five years (though you're uncklear
about the Sunday Telegraph)?
Or have you already forgotten when you wrote in your previous post?

At the time (may 11 1990) I was working with Colin Pillinger at the Open University, we were at a seminar day at the Royal Society.
£18Kpa seemed like a fortune after being a student.

And?

You asked how it was possible I used my own money to buy a newspaper and I have answered your question.

You seem confused.

You said that you haven't bought a newspaper for twenty-five years.

You then asked what evidence I have that you do not use your own money
to buy nespapers.

You had provided that evidence when you said that you had not bought a
newspaper for twenty-five years.

Asserting that you once bought a newspaper in 1990 neither undermines
nor miliotates against what you had already said.

I do hope you manage to clear up the confusion in your own mind about
thvat. As it happens, your evidence was fairly clear; it's just that you
don't seem to understand your own statements.

Do 'Road Users' include cyclists in your fairy tale world?

No more so than pedestrians (of which latter group I make no criticism).

So why do cyclists have to obey road rules if they are not road users?

Who said cyclists are not road users?

You did.

Not in the slightest, and the reasons for your confusion about
newspaper-buying start to become clearer: you don't understand plain
English, even when you have written it.

I said that cyclists are no more road-users than are pedestrians.

That is not a statement to the effect that cyclists are not road-users.

Perjhaps you'll evenbtually be able to understand that when you have
grown more familiar with English.

Certainly not I. I said that they are no more road-users than
pedestrians are. And they aren't.

Make your mind up.

There is no conflict implicit in what I said.

There *might* be a conflict in your mind as to the meaning of a
perfectly simple sentence. We have already seen the evidence of that
(above).

You may (or, possibly, may not) recall that we were discussing people
other than cyclists (ie, we were discussing the ones who pay billions of
taxes annually in various taxes and duties in addition to the usual
incom tax, NI, VAT, etc).

That would be the £6 billion motorists pay in [Road Tax]

Why did you alter my post?

I didn't.

So what are you talking about (assuming you know, which is far from
guaranteed, given your patently limited understanding of English)?