Old August 5th 17, 05:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

Default Cyclists disrupt war memorial service again by ignoring roadclosure.

On Sat, 05 Aug 2017 16:31:29 +0100, Bod wrote:

You're attitude stinks. I would have immediately dismounted and so
would any other members of my family.
It's cyclists like you that give decent cyclists a bad name.

You know absolutely nothing about me. I do not give cyclists a bad
name.

If you want to be constructive try suggesting why a person should
walk a bicycle where someone else can drive a car.

In the situation we are talking about, the word is *respect*.

Of course it is.

BTW, the road was closed.

Legally? All boxes ticked, risk assessments carried out and all council
and police expenses paid?

It might sound as though I am making light of things but the article
carries a distinct whiff.

Yup, that is the whiff of disrespect.
We'll have to agree to disagree on this.

Anybody asking for "All boxes ticked, risk assessments carried out and
all council and police expenses paid" for a memorial service is a
disrespectful ****wit and should be shot.

I wrote this and I hope you realise the irony. But as we have been told
many times in this group, there is an almost god-like authority that
knows best and everything MUST BE done according to it's rules and laws;
intelligence, pragmatism or common sense in the individual is not permitted.