Old October 2nd 17, 08:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

Default Technology advances, to where exactly?

On Sunday, October 1, 2017 at 8:20:57 PM UTC-4, John B. wrote:

I don't know if it is used everywhere but large fans with a "water
spray" system attached so that they blow a sort of fine mist are
commonly used here in outdoor places where people accumulate. Think
"beer garden", and they also make what might be called "room air
conditioners" that are what used to be called "swamp coolers".

We bought one of the pressurized bottle personal misters during one of our trips
to New Mexico. It worked well for my wife, who doesn't tolerate heat well.

It seems noticeably less effective here in humid Ohio. What's the typical
humidity levels where you see the water spray fans used? Maybe I should rig
up something like that for our sunny patio, for next summer.

- Frank Krygowski