Old July 20th 18, 03:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Making America into Amsterdam

On 7/20/2018 8:34 AM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 7/19/2018 8:31 PM, sms wrote:
On 7/19/2018 4:07 PM, Duane wrote:

snip

Strange but I’ve noticed a lot of road bike commuters
here the last couple
of days.  Maybe it’s the TDF or maybe it’s the
less humid temps.  We
have a couple new bike paths in the area and they’re
smooth, wide and well
designed. Amazing. Seem to be getting used...

Perhaps they opened some new parking lots for those bike
paths. That has got to be it. As we recently learned
"almost ALL trail users in almost all areas use a car to
haul their bike to the trail." LOL. Usenet is always amusing.

And you were recently given a link to a survey of 20
different trails in two states. The results said 1% used the
trail for commuting.

But data never has made any sense to you, Stephen.

Well, you can't expect people to ride bicycle in alleys.
That's not safe.

https://wbbm780.radio.com/articles/b...chicago-police

--
Andrew Muzi