Old April 13th 18, 05:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Ex-London cycling czar Andrew Gilligan 'rammed off his bike inroad rage attack'

On 13/04/2018 10:47, JNugent wrote:
On 13/04/2018 10:21, Bod wrote:

London's former cycling czar Andrew Gilligan told today how he was
inches from being “paralysed” after being knocked off his bicycle and
run over by a motorist in a “road rage” attack.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...-a3813001.html

QUOTE:
the journalist was cycling along Bishopsgate outside Liverpool Street
Station. He said a black SUV in front of him stopped suddenly, causing
him to go into the back of the car.
ENDQUOTE

He means that he wasn't watching where he was going and failed to stop,
consequently colliding with a stationary vehicle and no doubt causing
damage..

That sounds like his fault rather than anyone else's - and it's his OWN
version.

QUOTE:
Mr Gilligan* went to “politely” remonstrate with the driver
ENDQUOTE

What?

He collides with another vehicle due to his own failings and he intends
to "remonstrate" with the person in the (no doubt) damaged stationary
vehicle who was not at fault?

What planet is this "Bishopsgate" place on?

QUOTE:
“He looked rather threatening so I thought I should cycle off...
ENDQUOTE

...thereby leaving the scene of the incident and denying the owner of
the damaged vehicle any chance of recovering the cost of repairs.

Nice man.

Only a cyclist could be that stupid and law evading, and still think
that they are in the right.