Old July 24th 03, 12:35 AM
DiabloScott

Default "Cycling is not a sport"

John Riley wrote:
So says SF Gate columnist:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...ve/2003/07/22-
/fool227.DTLhttp://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/gate/archiv-
e/2003/07/22/fool227.DTL

The Betting Fool is just a clown. He talks crap about all kinds of
sports, teams, players, etc. He tries to be witty but he lacks the
requisite rhetorical tools. He enjoys when people send him angry
e-mails. He's not worth your time, no one takes him seriously, don't
take the bait. He's proud of being a fat arrogant ****** - read his BIO
(long URL, copy and paste if necessary)

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...ve/1999/05/07-
/foolbio.DTL

Here's a line from a previous article he wrote: "* The NBA Finals start
tonight. This coincides with my need to clean the garage and stain the
deck. Sorry, I won't be watching. Other than Robinson and Duncan and
that Parker guy who came out of nowhere, name three Spurs."

By the way SFGate is the website for the San Francisco Chronicle. About
12 years ago their famous columnist Glenn Dickey wrote a hatchet piece
about cycling when Greg Lemond won the Sportsman of the Year award from
Sports Illustrated. Dickey said pretty much the same thing as the
Betting Fool including "give me a bicycle and I could sure as hell ride
it up a mountain." He got a lot of nastygrams about that one and later
apologized, but he is a serious columnist - Betting Fool is the Don
Rickles of sports journalism - he likes saying stuff just to **** you
off. If he ****es you off he wins and you lose. Only way to win is to
not give a damn what he says.

--
Check out my bike blog!

http://diabloscott.blogspot.com

www.weblock.tk

Enjoy the Tour de France LIVE on your Desktop!

"La Grande WEBlock Boucle Bar"
http://weblock.webuildit.nl/index.php?itemid=1246

wannabe roadie...