Old January 16th 09, 03:12 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
UekiTylor

Default Frustrations Learning to Ride: Mental Block and *Really* Sore Knees?

saskatchewanian;1166596 wrote:

He told me I had a muscle imbalance in my quads. He said that it was a
common imbalance for both cyclists and runners. I was unicycling
100-150km per week and running 10-20.

To correct it he told me to sit in a chair and just raise my foot
flexing the knee ten times in a row three times a day. Two days latter I
was walking without pain for the first time in over a month and four
days latter I was running and riding pain free.
ERIC

Thank you for the advice! I've been having sore knees and just
stretching has not been helping. (Disclaimer: I've been afraid to
stretch too much as I have a hernia and the knee stretches I do for
running feel weird right now.)

I have a coworker who has been swearing this exact same thing fixed his
knee problems (also from running) and I never took him seriously! He
says whenever his knees start to hurt, he just practices making a muscle
around his knee whenever he thinks of it waiting in line, sitting at his
desk, watching TV, and the pain goes away.

--
UekiTylor