Old May 8th 17, 12:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default 14 year-old Campy Record shifts like new...

On Sunday, May 7, 2017 at 3:53:29 PM UTC-4, Robert Latest wrote:
...after I properly re-sorted the spacers in the rear cassette. Duh.

robert

It's pretty amazing how well a lot of the 1980s (or a lot earlier) stuff still works if it's maintained reasnonably well rather than abused. I have a bicycle with the old Shimano 600 EX stuff on it including the scallop headset and I never have problems with it. I even have a number of NOS Uniglidge cassettes for it. I also have another bicycle with Duara Ace AX on itthat's still going strong. I just adore the stopping power of those brakes. Plus those brakes are the absolute easiest brakes to center if they should ever get knocked off center = just hold the center section of the brake caliper and move it to the centered position = no fuss no bother. My bicycle with the New 600 groupset still shifts flawlessly to. I think thatthe old stuff had a lot less that could go wrong with it in the shifting department.

Cheers