Old May 8th 17, 03:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default 14 year-old Campy Record shifts like new...

On 2017-05-07 16:52, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 5/7/2017 4:20 PM, wrote:
On 7 May 2017 19:53:26 GMT, Robert Latest wrote:

...after I properly re-sorted the spacers in the rear cassette. Duh.

robert

Just came back from a ride on my 30 year old Shimano 18 speed
equipped Raleigh Century. (all original including the tires -)

And me, on my 1986 Cannondale touring bike. Not all original - I
changed the brakes and built wheels to switch from 27" to 700c.

But the drive system is original except for replacing cogs and chains. I
was given a nearly full sprocket board, which has enabled me to keep the
freewheels going. I'll run out of cogs some day, but it's good for a
while longer.

raises_hand

Me, on a 1982 custom road bike with Gazelle steel frame and Shimano
600EX, downtube shifters. The bike isn't 100% original. New LED
lighting, of course. The freehub is HG because I could not find UG
anymore after the last one wore out.

However, only 14 speed. Used to be 12. Balmy weather, a nice
after-church 23-miler. With brewpub stop, of course.

http://edhbrewing.com/menu.html

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/