Old January 8th 07, 03:20 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

Default RR: A Little Snow Riding...

GeeDubb wrote:

"Ride-A-Lot" wrote in message
Paladin wrote:
For some shots that don't really capture the day, see:
http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=258930

Nice!

But... You call that snow?

My snow ride:

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/120607/IMG_5241.jpg
http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/120607/IMG_5243.jpg
http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/120607/IMG_5244.jpg
http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/120607/IMG_5250.jpg
http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/120607/IMG_5251.jpg
http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/120607/IMG_5252.jpg

guess you weren't anywhere near Berthod Pass? Woosh, aaaagghhhhhh

still looks cold, brrrr

Gary

Actually... The traffic was so bad on the way up (took 3:15), I was
going to bail at Rt. 40 and go to Winter Park. I was at that exit at
about 9:30, but decided to keep going to Keystone. Had I not, there is
a good chance I would have been near the spill at the same time it happened.

Wild sh#t going on here. The wind has been creating a lot of snow slabs
in the front range. From what I'm told it's not typical on the the
eastern side of the divide. There's even an avi warning for White Ranch
in Golden.

I would be interested in an Avalanche class, but I don't do that back
country stuff (walking four hours in the snow to ski for 20 minutes
doesn't appeal to me).

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws