Old September 6th 03, 12:32 PM
Tom Sherman

Default 2003 Illinois AITC ride report(long)

harryo wrote:
... A
particularly memorable event was when the group passed by a very large
group of about 30 golf carts full of senior citizens, which was parked
by the trail, apparently getting ready to head out on it in their
carts. Tom Sherman, what is the deal with these golf carts on the
path?...

I have driven along this path for work during the day many times and
have never seen a golf cart on the path. I have seen the "P-38 Squadron"
a few times, and on one trip to the 3M plant I saw 7 recumbents between
Rapids City and Cordova.

Out of the approximately 100 riders in the AITC ride this year, there
were 7 bents, my Baron, a homebuilt lwb lowracer, a GRR, a Tour Easy,
a Rans Rocket, a Cycle Genius STX-24 and a Volae Club....

Were the Rocket rider's initials E.E?

Tom Sherman - Near the confluence of the Mississippi and Rock Rivers