Old March 3rd 20, 09:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default new bike lane hazard

On Tuesday, March 3, 2020 at 12:02:41 PM UTC-6, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 3/2/2020 10:07 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Monday, 2 March 2020 16:58:53 UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
Bike lane destroys intellectual capacity of all involved:

https://nypost.com/2020/03/02/watch-...lane-argument/

Not to mention civility.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Since the motorized unicycle was damaged, Tran should have notified the police then and there.

I get the sense that NYC cyclists need to be careful before engaging the
NYCPD. It sounds like their cops have a heavy tendency to be prejudiced
against bikes.

Imagine a black cyclist. I suspect they would need to have the mortician prepaid, tell the minister to have a eulogy already written, and have the cemetery pre-dig the hole, before starting on a ride.

It seems pretty well documented that after a motorist's fault kills a
bicyclist in a certain location, they tend to set up stings there
against cyclists instead of motorists.

--
- Frank Krygowski