Old March 30th 15, 03:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: Country Roads

On Sun, 29 Mar 2015 23:58:06 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

Oh, I'm familiar with the data you mention. I was just talking about
the motorists who come up and blare the horn out of pure rudeness. IME,
they're extremely unlikely to cause a crash. They just want to show
dominance, and inform us that in their screwball opinion, we have no
right to the road.

Or, insulated in layers of sound-proofing, they are unaware that you
heard them coming when they were a mile away. That's the main purpose
of my "I've seen you!" pantomime.

I've actually heard people say "a polite toot on the horn".
Well, read it; my meatspace friends don't talk about traffic much.

--
joy beeson at comcast dot net
http://joybeeson.home.comcast.net/