Old August 8th 05, 05:49 PM
Art Harris

Default Evaulating a bike

Paul Cassel wrote:

When I go to an LBS, they go on about how neat their 16 lb bikes are and that I can go even lower if I choose to.

That's what sells bikes. Depends what you want to do. If you're a CAT 1
racer, and extemely skinny, a 16 pound bike might make sense. If you're
a recreational rider looking for exercise and the enjoyment of riding,
then bike weight isn't a big deal (within reason).

Is that really worth the bother? These shifters are on the 'down' tube (word?) and seem to work ok.

Probably not worth the bother and expense if you're happy with the down
tube shifters. Just pointing out what you will find on a new bike.

Need to know what you're going to do with the bike. Race? Easy rides?
Long hard rides? Solo or group rides?

Tnx for the photos, but they're kinda "blocky" an hard to see much
detail

Art Harris