Old September 16th 06, 05:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
pete whelan

Default How do you print frame transfers?

Pete Biggs wrote:
Pete Whelan wrote:

email me and I'll let you know what I can do for a small fee.

I've done quite a few for others on the newsgroups

- Including me. I like these vinyl stickers /more/ than the professional
type of transfers new bikes come with.

Just out of curisoity, Pete, what sort of device do you use and how much
would one cost?

I know nothing about these things. I'm guessing it's like a printer but
with a lazer cutting thing?

~PB

Peter,

It's a Roland vinyl cutter, with a roller for the 'Y' and a moving head
for the 'X' directions. A bit like a pen plotter. The cutting is by a
pin prick of a blade that rotates as the direction of cut changes. £500
is about the cheapest they come (+VAt, + getting loads of vinyl, etc)