Old March 30th 15, 03:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: The best fluid for hydration

On Sun, 29 Mar 2015 12:34:47 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

I've found that adding a little salt to my water makes it much easier to
"get inside the patient," especially on long rides in hot weather. And
for me, salt substitute works even better.

The little bottle I've had for years is "Cardia Salt" - part sodium
chloride, part potassium chloride, part magnesium sulfate.

I like a little fruit juice in my water -- but I *must* have plain
water in the other bottle.

A usually put a pretty strong dose of fruit juice in my tea, to supply
sugar as well as caffeine.

I drink more fluid when I ride through nap time, because I want to get
my caffeine inside before I get stupid.

--
joy beeson at comcast dot net
http://joybeeson.home.comcast.net/