Old January 7th 18, 06:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Joerg Antidote

On 2018-01-06 20:02, Joy Beeson wrote:
On Sat, 06 Jan 2018 18:43:16 -0500, Radey Shouman
wrote:

It's a sentimental thing about the Crimean War, but it tends to fog up
your glasses.

That's a ski mask. A balaclava has one big hole for your eyes, nose,
and mouth.

I knitted mine with a pouch for the chin, but found it more
comfortable to fold it inside and let my chin hang out. It rubbed on
my lower lip, and my breath condensed on it.

Most of the time, I wear wool scarves pinned under my left ear for
walking, and inside a triangular bandage-size scarf for cycling.
Wrapping the tails of the scarf around my neck keeps the scarf from
flapping around and obscuring my rear-view mirror.

Flapping around in the wind is important for the proper "Red Baron
Fighter" looks :-)

http://www.fredsullivan.com/wp-conte...97-da8352q.jpg

[...]

--