Old September 25th 17, 05:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
bob prohaska

Default Does anybody make 37-630 tires?

Sir Ridesalot wrote:

I don't know about 1+3/8 27" tire but check to be sure there's enough room for them to fit. I converted an old Cannondale with Shimano 600 stuff to 700C so I could use tires wider than 1+1/4" about 35mm. IIRC the 700C tires I TRIED to use were 38mm with knobs ie they were street tires; but they would rub the chainstays.

In (many) years past I used 1 3/8" tires on the bike and they just
barely fit. It was necessary to shave off one outermost row of knobs
on cyclocross tires to fit, but that was enough.

bob prohaska