Old February 23rd 06, 02:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Canary Wharf

"John Hearns" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 21:16:58 +1100, TooSore wrote:

I'm taking a new Job in Canary Wharf for HSBC.

Does anyone know of the bike parking / showers / changing facilities in
the building or in the area?

Go onto the Cycling Plus forum, and ask in the commuting section there.
There seems to be a few people working in the area.

I might be wrong, but there was a recent thread on Canary Wharf security
threatening to cut off any locks (ie without bikes on them) on the stands.
There are plenty of shiny stainless-steel stands around, which look like
curly pigs tails.

Simple solution:

Get a really cheap bike, unrideable if you like.

Leave it always locked to the stand - use two locks.

When you arrrive on your real bike, take one lock off and use it for the
real bike.