Old September 7th 17, 05:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

Default Obstructions

On 07/09/17 00:25, jbeattie wrote:

It's scorching here -- literally.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/wind-whip...075128654.html

It's hard to breathe with all the smoke (no joke), but at least no
mamba snakes or poisonous lizards crawling up my legs. This is the
hottest summer on record in PDX, and it's getting old fast. We need
a huge dump to put out all the fires, and that's not in the
forecast.

It isn't scotching here, yet. But we have gone nearly 5 months without
rain, and the West winds have dried everything out. There are numerous
fires burning within a 100km radius of where we live, but at the moment
there is no smoke at home. However, my ride today took me about 30km
South and the air was noticeably smoky there.

So, I'm hearing you. We need rain here too.

--
JS